Christmas Present Breakdown
We scored some great gifts that we’re going to integrate into our bedroom and we want to show you what we got:
From left to right, top to bottom:
- Silk frayed pillow from West Elm in a silver color (on sale)
- Studded velvet pillow from West Elm in charcoal (on sale)
- Zinc-color letter “J” (for Jones!) from Restoration Hardware (total splurge)
- Black-and-white crystal vase from Dale Tiffany – via Joss & Main (PS: if you click through our website to register, we get a small credit when you buy something)
- Sweater pillow cover from West Elm… West Elm actually calls it “sculpted origami” but we think it looks more like a sweater
Naturally, we are planning to put the pillows on our bed. We want the bed to be the focus of our bedroom and piling up the pillows really helps draw attention to it. The best part is that using pillows does not require us to invest a lot of money to get a big impact. We’re not sure how we’re going to use the vase and the metal “J” yet, but when we decide, we’ll let you know!
Inspired by our new Christmas presents, we are going to turn our focus back to decorating our bedroom. We have a plan in the works to DIY a headboard. Krister does the constructing in our house (Kristin does more
buying decorating). Unfortunately, Krister is tied up with fixing the suspension in the truck, so you won’t see the new headboard for a while.
We’ll do a few “tables scapes” (for lack of a better word) on existing surfaces in the bedroom. Also, we’re on the hunt for a nightstand, bedding, and some photo frames to help spruce the room up. As always, we’ll keep you posted.